Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I thought I'd celebrate the beauty of the winter season a little with some snapshots.

These shots are from my week-long family skiing trip, with my brand new Canon SD200. (Keep in mind I just am a hobbyist when it comes to photography, I don't really know much about it. I feel a little intimidated by everyone else's beautiful shots, but feel free to show me up!)

snow5xm.jpg

I love the sky behind the trees.

snow27in.jpg

The poor trees were all covered with ice from the snow-makers. I was upset that the chair lift cables snuck into the shot.

snow39tj.jpg

Overlooking a run from the lift.

snow44ku.jpg

It was a beautiful evening, indeed.

goggles19si.jpg

I really like this shot. Can anyone guess how I got the coloration? (Hint: no photoshop or anything of the sorts)

goggles25si.jpg

My girlfriend took this shot with the same technique as the previous shot. (She caught me in the corner :rolleyes: )

Thanks to imageshack for the hosting. All shots were taken at Nub's Nob in Harbor Springs, MI.

NorCalDFS

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2004
SF Bay Area
Winter pix

debroglie said:
I thought I'd celebrate the beauty of the winter season a little with some snapshots.

goggles19si.jpg

I really like this shot. Can anyone guess how I got the coloration? (Hint: no photoshop or anything of the sorts)

Thanks to imageshack for the hosting. All shots were taken at Nub's Nob in Harbor Springs, MI.

I would say that you took the pictures through your goggles? Only reason i know that is i did the same on Mt. Shasta at 12k feet...turned out awesome! Nice pix...if i can ever find my darn camera i'll take some as well.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
NorCalDFS said:
I would say that you took the pictures through your goggles? Only reason i know that is i did the same on Mt. Shasta at 12k feet...turned out awesome! Nice pix...if i can ever find my darn camera i'll take some as well.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! I tried it on a whim and was amazed at how well it worked!

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Ok, so I sort of saw that the person in the foreground wasn't having much fun doing a wedge, so I fixed his leg, then I sort of started messing around with the colors and all that stuff, and made somewhat of an interesting new look:

snow39tj9nf.jpg

Here are some of my own from the last couple days:

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
OutThere761 said:
Ok, so I sort of saw that the person in the foreground wasn't having much fun doing a wedge, so I fixed his leg, then I sort of started messing around with the colors and all that stuff, and made somewhat of an interesting new look:

Here are some of my own from the last couple days:

Haha, great take on my shot! Quite frankly, there is nothing that makes me more angry on the slopes than a skier plowing slowly. Skiing involves such grace and agility and I think that the wedge is a crying shame (although sometimes necessary for beginners I suppose). It is just as bad when a snowboarder goes down an entire hill sideways, clearing away all of the nice snow and leaving ice for following people. :Rant over:

I really enjoyed your pictures, especially the second one.

Anyone else?

P.S. As far as photoshopping goes, I think I will tackle getting rid of the pesky rope across the run in the latter pictures later today.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
debroglie said:

I really love the orange tone in the shots through the goggles, it really has a very warm, true tone that is very hard to achieve with editing software like photoshop. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.