General Winterboard A7 Compatibility

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Aema, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Aema macrumors newbie

When will Winterboard be updated to be compatible with the A7 devices?

2. Auxo macrumors 6502

3. Aema thread starter macrumors newbie

Being that it's MANY jailbreakers actual motive to jailbreak... They should at least have an expected date (released to the public) for its compatibility release.

4. antnee macrumors regular

Aema,

You make it sound like they Owe YOU. They don't owe us anything you arent paying for it when it comes it comes.

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I agree, mostly, with the above- yet themes are sold via Cydia and Winterboard is generally needed.

Having Winterboard compatible with iOS7 is a money making generator for many jail breakers. Really both sides of the street benefit and thus some type of ETA- one the OP is suggesting, is not out of line.

6. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Eesh, what's with the kids thinking they're owed something during this jb cycle? you guys should read some of the awful, entitled "BRING US ARM64 NOW" posts on the bitesms forum.

7. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

You want an expected release date? Ok, start coding yourself and tell us when you will be finishing the new winter board.

If you're not gonna do that, don't tell Saurik he should have an expected release date.

8. Aema thread starter macrumors newbie

If I'm donating my money, I should some sort of time expectancy. I feel as if I should at least get that.

9. MikeyMike01 macrumors 6502

You should look up what the word 'donate' means.

10. yogarcia macrumors newbie

You sound like a prick.

11. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

If you feel like you should at least get an eta, then sit down and start coding like I said before.

And in fact, there is an article from September that I have referenced before that mentions a real possibility iOS 7 winterboard will never be released.

12. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Huh? When you donate a dollar to breast cancer research at the grocery store, do you expect an estimated time for a cure?

Or do you drop a quarter into a red salvation army tin and ask for the date the person receiving the money will get a job and become self sufficient?

Your entitlement is bizarre. Clearly you have no understanding of how coding works... and furthermore, it's uncharted territory. I wish jailbreaking was complex and a long and drawn out process like in the old days so complete computer illiterates couldn't just plug in and click JAILBREAK.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Who did you donate to?

14. k-profiler macrumors newbie

Sorry for the gratuitous post, but this thread really made my day!:):):)