Winterboard and Cydia issues after using jailbreakme.com

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by injendsm, Aug 2, 2010.

1. injendsm macrumors member

The jailbreak itself went fine, but I noticed a couple of issues after completing it and I'm not sure what's causing them. On Winterboard, I have "user wallpaper" checked but the picture doesn't show up on the springboard even after respringing the phone a couple of times. Any idea what's causing this?

When I had my phone jailbroken on previous iOS's and I would look through Cydia for various tweaks and themes, I would first see a screen showing basic information about the item I selected. After a couple of seconds, the page would expand and I'd be given the option to select "more info" or screenshots of the item before deciding whether or not to download it. Now, however, I'm never able to get past the basic information. I tried using WiFi while on Cydia to no avail. Could this be a result of their servers being overloaded?

I've got a 3G, if that helps. Thanks for any insight.

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I don't think the "User Wallpaper/ Lock Wallpaper" themes are working yet. They don't seem to override the other themes wallpapers

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Winterboard's not working properly right now for whatever reason. I've downloaded several things that I used with no problem on my 3.1.2 3GS that won't work on the 4--they download and I check them in WB, but no changes are applied. Apparently, it's a widespread problem.

I also noticed the inability to get screenshots of various tweaks and themes last night, though I was able to see a couple of them (very hit or miss). I have no clue if it's a server-overload issue or something else, but I'd imagine the overwhelming demand on the servers can't be helping anything.

4. celticpride678

5. injendsm thread starter macrumors member

Oddly enough, after posting this thread, I looked around Cydia some more and noticed a few tweaks and themes that I was actually able to see the screenshots for. There are still some that don't work but I guess it's a good sign that I'm even seeing some. Thanks for the help, guys.

6. injendsm thread starter macrumors member

That would explain it. Stupid question, but where do I download Rock Your iPhone? Would it be through Cydia?

7. celticpride678

Yep - just search for it.

8. injendsm thread starter macrumors member

Cool. Thanks, again.

9. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

the ios4 layout is totally different than previous ios so the files they are replacing do not exist