Winterboard and iOS4 Icon Drop Shadows

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BergerFan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

... Can I have both?
    I can't(won't) use Winterboard, because I love the iOS4 icon font and drop shadows.

2. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

i dont understand what you are asking, you can have winterboard without effecting the icon font and drop shadows

3. StrykerGT macrumors newbie

I tried and I can't I lose the drop shadow effect when I have Winterboard running.

4. chili195 macrumors newbie

I had this problem too. As soon as I had installed Winterboard I saw it had made subtle changes to the default theme. For starters, it changed the way that the folder names were abbreviated, so for example I have a Category name called Strategy and Sim, which on default iOS comes up as 'Strate...& Sim' as the whole thing can't fit under the icon. However, Winterboard seems to change the number of maximum displayed characters so the whole thing came up, and was consequently squished next to its neighbour.

I also had this issue of the shadows being removed and at one point after restarting my phone, the text came up entirely gray! I checked the Winterboard options and everything was disabled/off, Needless to say, I uninstalled Winterboard and that fixed it.

5. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

ok that makes more sense, well as far as the text being greyed out, i just selected the "white icon labels" in winterboard. i dont have the problem with the shadows going away (which i would actually like)

6. BergerFan thread starter macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Hmm, that sucks, if we can't have both. Ideally, Winterboard should be updated to include a toggle option.

7. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Yeah, there are a couple problems with winterboard using ios4 or with iphone 4. Just wait for an update.