General Winterboard and system sounds on iOS 8/iPhone 6

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by IrishVixen, Nov 16, 2014.

1. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Has anyone else tried replacing system sounds using Winterboard yet? I just tried it with my usual Silent theme and it's not replacing any of the usual sounds so far (the ones when the phone is being plugged in and when sending a text are the two that annoy me the most, and those two definitely aren't working.)

Before I go digging into the file system to see if Apple has changed file names, I thought I'd better see if this is a current limitation of Winterboard. Anyone tried it yet, and if so, what happened?

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Haven't used winterboard yet but I did apply my custom sound theme. Path is system/library/audio/uisounds. The only one I noticed that has changed is unlocksound_ios7. Don't remember that being like that in iOS 7 lol?

**Maybe that has to do with the tweak unlock sound7 duh lol. Good morning...***

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

When you plug in your iphone and it makes that chirp that file used to be called beep-beep.caf and is now called connect_power.caf.

I've been manually replacing mine. Previously we've used Winterboard this way - Theme name/UISounds/ and place your caf files there.

4. IrishVixen thread starter macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Yes, this is how I've done it for years... Something broke this time around, and even when correctly named in the theme, the connect_power, ReceivedMessage, and SentMessage sounds are no longer affected by the theme.

Thankfully, so many sounds are now able to be toggled off in Settings, I only need to replace those three.

Thanks to both of you! Since I only have a few to do, I'll just do it manually.