Winterboard help needed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jstuts5797, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

Ok so I have not jailbroke since iOS 4. So I'm relearning a lot of things this time through(and a LOT has changed since then) I'm trying to figure out why winterboard is not changing my themes. I installed winterboard and then installed a couple of winterboard themes. I went into settings then winterboard and put a blue check mark next to one of the themes. I then hit the respring button and my device resprung but no theming changed at all not even wallpaper. I tried with a few different themes and could not get any of them to work. I get no errors or crashing at all, just nothing changes. If anyone can help me or lead me on a different path other than using winterboard for theming I'd be forever great full! Thanks in advanced!

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well…things have changed.

Winterboard has a spotty history of working since iOS 7. Some themes apply, some don't. You also have to realize that over 90% of the themes that are in Cydia now are either iOS 6 based or below. This is because with the advent of theme changing tweaks (such as Eclipse or Nightmode) the devs either stopped working on old WB themes or were slow to update.

That's not to say that there are no current WB themes, but they are few and far between. And there are new tools that let you do things your way, versus having to eat certain aspects of WB themes to get what you want. iWidgets, Cydget, LockHTML, Intelliscreen X, Homescreen Designer, etc are examples of tweaks that let you do stuff to both the homescreen and lockscreen.

Lastly, you have to realize that the iOS 9 JB isn't even two days old. I'm pretty sure that in the grand scheme of things, updating WB themes for iOS 9 is pretty far down the list for devs at the moment.

3. Jstuts5797 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you! This reply is very helpful! I will look into those tweaks and check the Google doc to make sure they are working ok and give them a try!