Winterboard making custom fonts weird?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TaterToT, Oct 7, 2010.

1. TaterToT macrumors 6502

So I have had a custom font installed on my iPhone for a while now but have always had no icon labels on. I recently turned that off and noticed the icon labels are a different font from the system font, and there are a few other places that the system font doesn't carry over too, like my contacts. I started disabling mobile substrate addons to see if one was conflicting. When I disabled Winterboard the font went to how it should look. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

Here are the themes I have turned on in Winterboard..
    SlantedLock
    No Docked Icon Labels 4.0
    RoundSquare SMS jam
    Clear folders without border
    Status bar icon hide
    Suave HD

With Winterboard enabled
    [​IMG]

With Winterboard disabled
    [​IMG]

2. TaterToT thread starter macrumors 6502

3. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

TaterToT,

The font names used on the iPhone 4 are:

Helvetica.ttc
    HelveticaNeue.ttc
    LockClock.ttf
    MarkerFeltThin.ttf
    PhoneKeyCaps.ttf
    PhonepadTwo.ttf

The font "Helvetica.ttc" is used for the app labels and "HelveticaNeue.ttc" is the system font.

S-

4. TaterToT thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I realize this.. but why would it change the icon labels font when Winterboard is enabled?

5. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

What font are you using? Was it made for the iPhone 4? Which font files did you replace?

Look at the themes you have enabled. It would seem that one of them is changing how the font looks.

I have replaced all six of the fonts in my iPhone 4 and they look like they should with WinterBoard enabled or disabled. I do use a modified "White Icon Labels" theme. But that theme changes color and shadows only.

S-

6. TaterToT thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep I replaced Helvetica and Helveticaneuee or whatever it is and yes it was an iPhone 4 font. I tried disabling all the winterboard themes and that didn't help. It only works right when winterboard is disabled in sbsettings.