Winterboard not themeing certain images

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by murdercitydevil, Oct 23, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Okay, I usually am not the type of person that ever has WB/Theme problems...and when I do, I can typically fix them myself. But this one has me stumped, and I can't figure out for the life of me why it's not working.

On my iPhone 2G running 3.1.3, WB fails to theme certain aspects of a LS theme, specifically the Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder. I know this because things like the iPod controls background (SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png) as well as the Slide to Unlock text from Springboard.strings does not change. I tested this by making a new theme with the only elements being the SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png image, and it does nothing.

I've verified the names/directories/permissions, etc. Why aren't these images changing? Everything else in WB works, including other bundle folders. And for some reason, it's only CERTAIN files in com.apple.springboard. For example, one of my icon themes, Neco, provides a themed badge, SBBadgeBG.png, located in Bundles/com.apple.springboard. That works fine. But if I put SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png in the same folder, it doesn't get themed.

WTF?? I've tried clearing icon caches, rebooting, etc. Hopefully someone out there can provide a fix.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I would point you to MacThemes.net forums. There are some real experts there who could help if you don't receive the answer you need here.

Here is the the new, changed, and relocated images thread for 5.0 firmware: http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16811325

3. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

MacThemes is not nearly as active as this forum, and even less so when it comes to theme support. And this is not for iOS5, it's 3.1.3, which makes it even weirder. AFAIK, this didn't always happen, it just started. Reinstalling WB made no difference. I'm literally at a loss because I can't understand why something so trivial is not working.