Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
California
I used purplera1n rc2 to jailbreak my 3GS and I have winterboard installed. I have a couple questions. Will winterboard work better and have fewer problems if I re-jailbreak using redsn0w, and does the springboard process end when you launch an application. I ask this because when I use a video backround it takes alot of memory.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
I used purplera1n rc2 to jailbreak my 3GS and I have winterboard installed. I have a couple questions. Will winterboard work better and have fewer problems if I re-jailbreak using redsn0w, and does the springboard process end when you launch an application. I ask this because when I use a video backround it takes alot of memory.

Well duh. The iphone isnt meant to have a video background so it has to use more power than usual to display it.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
California
Well duh. The iphone isnt meant to have a video background so it has to use more power than usual to display it.

Yah I know and I'm using a 3GS so there's no lag. I want to make sure though that I have as much ram as possible available to the application that I'm running, so I was asking if the springboard process actually ends when an application is launched.

megamanbnmaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2008
Yah I know and I'm using a 3GS so there's no lag. I want to make sure though that I have as much ram as possible available to the application that I'm running, so I was asking if the springboard process actually ends when an application is launched.

No. Springboard is the core GUI of the iPhone. it's like Finder, you can't end it, it'll automatically restart (or respring, in this case)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.