Winterboard problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Random1225, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Random1225 macrumors newbie

So I recently got a 4th gen Ipod Touch running 4.2.1. I jailbroke it and I decided to install Winterboard, aware that since it was tethered the ipod wouldn't boot unless I chose to boot tethered. I used it for a little but decided I didn't want it so I uninstalled it. It still gets stuck at the boot screen unless I boot tethered though. Why is this and can I fix this? I've never jailbroke an ipod before so I'm new to this and a little nervous.

Oh and would restoring work? Just restore, re jailbreak, not install winterboard?

2. celticpride678

I don't think its related to uninstalling WinterBoard. Just restore the device and re-jailbreak.

3. Random1225 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know uninstalling is unrelated. I must have not explained it right. After jailbreaking I could boot tethered and could use cydia, etc. If I restarted(now not in a jailbroken state) i could use everything fine except cydia. After installing winterboard It wouldn't boot unless it was booted through redsn0w(I knew this would happen). After uninstalling winterboard i still can only boot into the tethered state.

4. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Winterboard has nothing to do with your ability to have a tethered jailbreak or an untethered one.