Winterboard Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by marcbkk, Jan 13, 2011.

1. marcbkk macrumors member

A long time ago I installed Winterboard and a number of tweaks that run under Winterboard. I wanted to remove some of them from the phone though so I went to Cydia and went into the package management area, but I can't find Winterboard or any of it's themes I added listed anywhere. I thought they used to be there, but now I can't find them. Did I lose something somehow or am I missing something here possibly?

I have a regular 3G running Firmware 3.1.2

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

do you still have the winterboard icon? and if so when you go in winterboard are the themes still in the list?

3. marcbkk thread starter macrumors member

Cheers for your reply. Yes I do on both questions.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

do you have iFile?

if not install that from cydia, then you will be able to view your files and folders winterboard themes are located in the var/stash/themes.xxxxx

see if the themes you want to delete are here

5. marcbkk thread starter macrumors member

Many thanks. I just reinstalled Winterboard and now Winterboard come up under installed packages and yet none of the installed Winterboard themes are showing. I think what I would have to do is reinstall all the installed themes as well and then they will show. Then I could probably uninstall WinterBoard and all installed themes. But I am not sure which themes showing in Winterboard right now are part of the Winterboard install itself and which ones I installed separately.

I actually just bought an iPhone 4 yesterday, so I probably won't even be using the 3G for much anymore. So to make life easy I was just thinking of wiping the phone completely and then Jailbreaking, reinstalling Cydia, and putting in the Ultrasnow unlock and then no other tweaks at all.

I have Redsn0w and the 3.1.2 IPSW file, but I did not see a function for that in Redsn0w. So what would be the procedure for wiping the phone completely and then putting Cydia and Ultrasn0w back in?

Also, after I wipe it clean, I may just want to sync with iTunes to put back in a few pictures, sone music, and apps, but not my contacts and other personal data in case I give the phone to someone else in the future. Is there a way to sync a few things from iTunes without putting any personal data back on?

Lastly, my iTunes is now synced with data on my new iPhone 4, so does iTunes keep a separate copy of the backups from each device if you have 2 different iPhones that you are syncing with iTunes?

When I first hooked up the iPhone 4 I did a restore from the 3G backup to get the new phone up to date. But now I am curious if within iTunes it will be keeping the backups separate from the 2 phones? I already did a backup from the iPhone 4 since doing the restore with the backup from the 3G so I am wondering if the 3G backed data has been replaced by the iPhone 4 backup or if iTunes is keeping the 2 backups separate now instead of combining them into one?

Cheers and sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get my head around this and am of course trying to be cautious so I don't accidentally lose all my data.