Winterboard removed my dock - how can I get it back?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TJone, Aug 31, 2010.

1. TJone macrumors 6502a

I had used the transparent dock option in winterboard for a while and then turned it off. The dock did not return though. I the tried some alternate docks to see if I could get it to work again but did not have any success. It is an IP4 and I just tried replacing SBDockBG@2x.png file with other docks but it still does not seem to reappear after respringing a few times.

2. reyno28 macrumors member

reyno28

I have the same problem when I installed classica 3 and some other tweaks. I don't know how to get it back either... So, I just installed a Mac OS x dock from cydia. Hopefully someone knows how to get the original iPhone 4 dock to appear.

3. TJone thread starter macrumors 6502a

I installed classica 3 too and also some other stuff and removed the bottom shadow on the wallpaper. Somewhere along the way I removed the dock with the help of winterboard and 'transparent dock'. Hopefully someone can point us in the right direction.

4. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

This happened to me all of a sudden with the classica theme. The dock would come back when I disabled it in winterboard, however. I ended up SSHing a new classica3.theme to my phone, and the dock returned along with the nice icons.

5. Gavernty macrumors 6502

can you share the theme? I use classica 3 and i want my dock back lol

6. supervelous macrumors 6502

+1

I lost my dock with Classica 3 as well

7. Gavernty macrumors 6502

actually you know what? I just installed a new classica 3 theme through this source:

cydia.neoziro.com/

his classica3 has the dock

8. TJone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks - I will also give that a try later. I changed some icons so I should probably first backup that folder from my phone.

9. TJone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks a lot! That worked perfectly and I have a dock again. :)

Edit - I also realized I should have looked more in my old classica theme. There is a folder com.apple.springboard. I did not realize that and could have just dropped the old dock file into it to restore it.