Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
I'm looking in Cydia and I only see the program called "Winterboard. Then I see themes for "springboard".

I thought winterboard and springboard were two different apps from the store.

Then I see Kate and I'm not sure if that's what I wanted. I'm really confused.

Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

1. Custom Lock screen image. (Tried doing that with Winterboard, but when I applied the background it put it on ALL the backgrounds, including the lock screen)

2. Custom background image behind app's. (Like I said, did work, but it was on the lock screen as well when I used winterboard "custom background".

3. Custom app icons theme without using the WHOLE theme.

I also want rotating background images. I downloaded the file, but I'm not sure how to put it all together.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1429739

I have cyberduck and can SSH into phone. I also have BossPref.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

If you have aim...That would be great!

Thanks,

Marker227

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I'm looking in Cydia and I only see the program called "Winterboard. Then I see themes for "springboard".

I thought winterboard and springboard were two different apps from the store.
Just download WinterBoard and install the themes for Springboard, Summberboard or WinterBoard. Think of Winterboard as the best of the bunch, that's really all you need to know. ;)

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
How do I do the other stuff I posted about?

I want a custom app theme with my own rotating background that does not effect the "locked" background image I set.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.1): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

marker227 said:
How do I do the other stuff I posted about?

I want a custom app theme with my own rotating background that does not effect the "locked" background image I set.

Try Google.

The answers to your questions are readily available, you just need to search a little. ;)

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
The lock screen background is configurable via the settings application. This functionality works without a jailbreak. Under settings, select Wallpaper, then pick the image that you'd like to use.

For rotating background images, I recommend installing the iHour theme. Then you can ssh into the phone and replace the hourly images with your own images. There is a thread here that outlines the names and locations of each of those images.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Originally when I went into winterboard and clicked on "user backgrounds", then went into my photos to select a wallpaper it applied it to EVERYTHING. Including the lock screen. I wanted to avoid that.

I'll try it and get back to you.

Thanks,

Marker227

(Edit)

None of my images area appearing. Any ideas? I went into cyberduck and deleted all the pictures that were in the iHour folder and replaced them with mine. Each picture did have a tiny arrow in the bottom left corner I think it was. Not sure if that matters, but I'm trying to give you all the info I have!

Picture2.png

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
You need to modify the Wallpaper.html to call for the pictures you put in the folder. Right now it's probably calling for the images that you deleted. You could just rename them to the same names of the images you deleted. That would work too if you put the same number of images in the folder than iHour had originally.

dsegel

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2008
iHour looks for pictures name 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc. and uses them depending on the hour of the time - e.g. 2.jpg at 2am, 23.jpg at 11pm.

You can either rename your files to match what it's looking for or edit the Wallpaper.html file to call yours instead.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
I'll try that.

It has to be at a specific time?

Hmm I just wanted random rotating pictures every hour. I didn't know it had to be a set time.

If I can't set a certain time, I'll just duplicate each image and makeup a rotation myself.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
I got it and thanks for that link as well.

Picture2-1.png

This how I set it up. I just duplicated my images a few times and basically looped 4 of them over and over till it hit 24.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Okay, now it's not working anymore.

I recently restored my iPhone and SSH'd the photos exactly back where they were previously when it worked.

It's still using the old backgrounds...But how? I deleted them.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Okay, now it's not working anymore.

I recently restored my iPhone and SSH'd the photos exactly back where they were previously when it worked.

It's still using the old backgrounds...But how? I deleted them.

Restart your phone or Open Winterboard and disable then enable the theme so that it will restart the Springboard.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Here's how I fixed it.

I had a theme called "Badge Blue" on. It changed the color of apps.

I took that off and then turned off and on "iHour". Then I turned Badge Blue back on and it kept my wallpaper and changed the theme of icons.

When I did it in a reverse order, the Badge Blue theme background overlapped iHour backgrounds.

Is there a way for future reverence to use app themes without them canceling out your own backgrounds?

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
I can't find iHour anymore in Cydia...

Is there another program similar I can modify like it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.