Winterboard Theme that's an alternative to Intelliscreen!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jcde7ago, Oct 12, 2008.

1. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

Aldwin of www.macthemes2.net has created an AMAZING theme to work with Winterboard which works in conjunction with Zolee's "StatusNotifier" (version 0.2.10 can be downloaded off Cydia) to put alerts on your lock screen. I'll post some pics here, but i urge you to go to the actual thread over at macthemes2: http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16789820&p=1

Pics, all credit goes to aldwin of macthemes2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The best part about this is, unlike IntelliScreen, this will not drain your battery (all it does is relay StatusNotifier's notifications to your lock screen if there are any missed calls, sms's, etc., and only does it when you unlock...there is nothing running in the background, this is simply a theme) and while it does fetch Weather data, it can be set with your own intervals (for example, you can set it to update the weather only once a day). No messy installs, no causing conflicts with other apps an no battery drain...all things which i experienced when i tried IntelliScreen for a week about a month ago. Enjoy and be sure to give thanks to the creator!

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

3. jcde7ago thread starter macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

It's not in Cydia, go to the macthemes thread link i posted and download it from there.

4. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Then do i ssh it to my phone? Im new to the ssh thing. Thanks alot

5. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

Yes.

6. joseluis.17 macrumors regular

once you have ssh to your iphone go to library then go to themes and just drop it there and that's it

works great!!! and the best parts is free!:D:D:D:D

7. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Wow, this looks great. I'm going to check it out. I liked Intelliscreen but it was too buggy for me.

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

9. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Id rather see the calendar replacement of intelliscreen

10. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

I have a question that nobody ever answered in the other forum:

Will this work as a separate theme if one already has weather and time html embedded in the phone theme. In other words, I have weather and time as part of my Leopard theme (all in one).

11. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I found how to have weather with this but how can I have weather from my city?

12. jcde7ago thread starter macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

Yes, i have the weather/date/time widget integrated into my Bluebird.theme folder, and keep the lock screen theme as a separate .theme folder and they work fine. It will, however, create a substantial amount of lag with opening apps...normally, Winterboard with a standard custom theme without the use of widgets creates negligible lag, but with widgets i've noticed it slows down considerably. I love the idea behind this locksreen showing you missed calls, sms, etc., but it's basically mirroring StatusNotifier's notifications in the task bar already and having to show the weather as well...even without the weather, i find it considerably laggy still. For now, as long as i have the weather/date/time widget as part of my homescreen background i'll keep this disabled...at least until Winterboard gets further optimizations that improves performance/memory handling...

13. sharp65 macrumors 6502

Check out this post, he explains how to do it. If you live in the US you can just change it to "City,State". For example. "Boston,MA" and it should work.

http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=344170#p344170

14. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

What do i download. All i see is a forum talking when i go to the link. I got the weather but thats it. Any help would be appreciated.

15. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

16. sharp65 macrumors 6502

I would imagine that would work. I don't have a mac so I'm not exactly sure. I just use notepad++ on windows. As long as it can preserve the file type which is a jscript file then it should be fine.

17. duffer macrumors regular

Text Edit will work fine.

18. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Thanks for the reply..exactly the information I was looking for. I appreciate it.

19. bilibug macrumors regular

bilibug

To me, the most attractive features of IntelliScreen are the viewing of upcoming events without unlocking the phone and opening calendar, and more importantly, the customizable repeating alerts for missed calls, etc. I wish someone else would explore providing that functionality.

20. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

anyone know how to make it display "new mail, sms...etc" always enabled? if i have new mail or sms it would display a number next to it? like "sms (1)"?

21. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

didnt apple just patent a feature like this? if im remembering correctly we should see this in a future f.w. update.

22. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

They patent a lot of things. Unfortunately most of them don't make it into our hands.

23. trunksu macrumors 6502

big kudos for finding this. i've been using it and it's been great (although has added some lag on loading apps).

also off-topic thanks for writing up that step-by-step of JB'ing your 3g. worked like a charm ^^

24. jcde7ago thread starter macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Awesome, glad it helped.