iPhone Winterboard Theme Un-install Question.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bandofbrothers, Feb 7, 2013.

1. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi Guys,

I downloaded the z[ui 2012 theme via ithemesky on my iPhone 5 to see if it would be compatible yet.

Unfortunately it wasn't on my iphone 5 which is annoying as i prefer this one !

:(

So i decided to uninstall the theme until it is.

Going into Cydia and trying to uninstall via manage and packages did not show up the actual theme. :confused:

I've resolved this by using ifile but I'm at a loss to why it couldn't be removed via the Cydia route ?

Is it because i obtained the theme from ithemesky ?

I usually use the themeit app with no issues.

Do you guys have any suggestions for more repos for theme sites.

2. Darrent54 macrumors member

I don't think themes show up unless installed by cydia

3. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I thought that may have been the issue. :D

4. Darrent54 macrumors member

I don't know any sites that to get iPhone 5 themes from. That's what I'm looking to get

5. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-themes-launches/

6. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

IMO... all themes are compatable to the iPhone 5. You just have to modify LS and SB screen to fit the iPhone 5. I wanted to use Auros on my iPhone 5, but I couldn't download it from Cydia... even if was in my list as a paid app/themes. I ended up ssh'ing from my iPhone 4 to the computer, then ssh'ing it to my theme's folder in my iPhone 5. It looks so much better on my iPhone 5 than on my iPhone 4. Like nwmtnbiker said... modmyi is good source for iPhone 5 themes.

7. Darrent54 macrumors member

How can I get my theme etc to look like yours on your link you posted? What tools do I need?

8. Darrent54 macrumors member

Is there a way to stretch iPhone 4 theme to fit iPhone 5??

9. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

All i did was stretch the SB and LS wallpaper to fit the iPhone 5 screen. The wallpaper I used on the screenshots in my link was pretty easy to do in photoshop. I just copied and pasted sections of the wallpaper and layered then on top. I just moved the sections up stretching the image, and using brightness/contrast to blend the images together. Once it looks like one piece and seamless, I merged all the top layers down making it one wallpaper image. Then I used iconoclasm and made my own iPHone 5 .plist files to fit the default 4x5 layout to use as a template to fit my theme wallpaper and the widgets use. I posted the iconoclasm iPhone 5 default 4x5 layout source a few days ago.