Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
Does anyone know how to create a winterboard theme for SpringJump icons? I know how to change it without it, but I would much rather use winterboard. I cannot figure out the naming convention for the theme. I've tried com.springjump.app but that was just a giant guess. Any ideas?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
Also, I thought you had to follow this naming convention for winterboard:

Folder.them/Bundles/com.whatever.blabla/icon@2x.png

I am having trouble finding what the springjumps' "com.whatever.blabla" is. If I am able to find out what that is I believe the winterboard themeing will work.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
That's a good read, informative. But unfortunately when I followed the procedure, it did not work. If I am reading correctly, I must name the .png file after the app name (which in this case is _shortcut_1.app). So the .png file name is _shortcut_1.png. This however did not work. Any other ideas out there?

isnt the icon for sprinjump name page 0.png, page 1.png and so on? havnt used springjump in a while but i remember being something like that

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
isnt the icon for sprinjump name page 0.png, page 1.png and so on? havnt used springjump in a while but i remember being something like that

The naming convention and file path for springjump icons is as follows:

var/stash/Applications.pwn/_shortcut_1.app/icon.png
var/stash/Applications.pwn/_shortcut_2.app/icon.png
var/stash/Applications.pwn/_shortcut_3.app/icon.png
and so and so on...

I know you can winterboard springjump icons because I've seen it in various applications (ex. Whitoken HD). Been googling all day cannot find this out.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
The naming convention and file path for springjump icons is as follows:

var/stash/Applications.pwn/_shortcut_1.app/icon.png
var/stash/Applications.pwn/_shortcut_2.app/icon.png
var/stash/Applications.pwn/_shortcut_3.app/icon.png
and so and so on...

I know you can winterboard springjump icons because I've seen it in various applications (ex. Whitoken HD). Been googling all day cannot find this out.

the method i sugested should work but you call the .png what the icon is called on the springboard, example if you wanted to theme the Camera icon you would call it Camera.png, when you make your springjump shortcuts what are the icons called on the springboard

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
and you put the Page 0.png file in a folder called Icons inside your main theme folder

Ok So I changed the Page 1 icon name to Wireless. So I originally name the icon Wireless.png. This was incorrect. I needed to name it Page 1.png. Now the problem is the icon that is now showing is huuugeeee. Probably twice the size. It's probably because the original springjump icon Page 1 is not retina? How can I get the icon to remain the correct size and retina quality?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Ok So I changed the Page 1 icon name to Wireless. So I originally name the icon Wireless.png. This was incorrect. I needed to name it Page 1.png. Now the problem is the icon that is now showing is huuugeeee. Probably twice the size. It's probably because the original springjump icon Page 1 is not retina? How can I get the icon to remain the correct size and retina quality?

try Page 1@2x.png

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
Picture of unintentionally huge icons

This is what is showing up on my springboard.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    135.7 KB · Views: 360
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.