Winterboard & themes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by roeiboot, Jul 25, 2009.

1. roeiboot macrumors regular

roeiboot

so as i read and saw on forums/Youtube you can create a folder in /root/Library/themes with a name for my test theme, copied a wallpaper, an icon and also wallpaper.html for my large clock/date.. then i go to Winterboard and do NOT see my theme -reinstalled Winterboard, no difference...

how is this possible ?! this could be the reason my large clock does not work ?

(the whole reason for creating a folder like this is because i can not get my wallpaper.html to work)

hopefully somebody can help me see the light (been messing with this since lats night...)

thanks.

(ps. yes my phone is JB)

2. GlassBullet macrumors regular

GlassBullet

i don't know about wallpaper html's, but the normal winterboard themes are stored in private/var/stash/Themes

3. roeiboot thread starter macrumors regular

roeiboot

thanks.... should WB have created that folder, because i can not find it.

added: getting somewhere, did find the folder... put my theme in it, renamed folder xx.theme, and it accepts my test icon but NOT my wallpaper.png and NOT my wallpaper.html...

4. roeiboot thread starter macrumors regular

roeiboot

i am to the point where i created a folder in /var/stash/ named xx.theme, it does NOT show my wallpaper, NOT my wallpaper.html but it does show my test icon (placed in /Icons/)

5. roeiboot thread starter macrumors regular

roeiboot

i've done it... had to put the Wallpaper.xxx in Themes.RTneHe (<- varies per iPhone from what i understand) now all i need to do is find out where the icons, they still work and they are in stash/rb.theme...

thanks.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The names of your icons need to exactly match, capitalization and spacing included, what is displayed on your phone.

7. roeiboot thread starter macrumors regular

roeiboot

thanks for your reply, it's working now..