winterboard update label problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fjd726, Apr 18, 2012.

1. fjd726 macrumors regular

After updating winterboard, all my icon labels have disappeared. I know its due to winterboard because I deleted it and all the labels reappeared. Any fix for this?

2. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

Are you sure the 'no docked icon labels' isn't checked?

If it's unchecked then try checking it, respringing it, then unchecking it and then respringing it again

3. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

Go into Winterboard...
    Is summerboard checked to on? If so, set it to off.

4. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Also try checking white icon label in winter board themes and move it to the top.

5. fjd726 thread starter macrumors regular

6. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

I assume you had icon labels before upgrading winter board? And you not running any custom themes currently? I have no idea then. Sorry. Do you perhaps have barrel installed? I've had issues with barrel before but it caused the icon labels to remain when I had chosen no labels.

7. fjd726 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I had icon labels working with previous winter board. I don't have barell installed. Obviously a winter board issue as it comes back after deleting winter board. Also not running any winter board themes.

8. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Mmmm, not sure what could be causing it. What other mods/tweaks installed? yes, Winterboard is causing it but it's most likely a conflict with another piece of software running on the device. Or at least I suspect it is.

EDIT: Do you have sbsettings installed?

EDIT: What effect does dragging the icons to the dock and back to the springboard have?

----------

Try syncing with iTunes. Known fix!!

9. mandrep714 macrumors newbie

Are you using BossPaper? I had to disable it in order for my labels to display. My jailbreak is 5.0.1 and I have an iPhone 4.

10. fjd726 thread starter macrumors regular

No boss paper either. Have no idea what's caused it.

11. mandrep714 macrumors newbie

12. fjd726 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes to sb settings. Why do you think that could be an issue? Always had it and no problems prior to update

13. mandrep714 macrumors newbie

I don't think it's the problem but perhaps you can use it to determine the problem. Open SBSettings, click on the "More" option, under System Wide Options section click Mobile Substrate Addons. You will see a list of your installed Cydia mobile substrate addons. Just go down the list (preferably one at a time) and turn them off. Hit the home button and in less than 10 seconds your phone should start respringing. This should allow you to turn off each addon without uninstalling them. If the one you turned off does not fix the problem go back into SBSettings and continue the process by turning the addon back on and turn off the next addon. This is a tedious process but hopefully it will eventually determine the culprit. This is how I discovered that, for me it was BossPaper.

14. mandrep714 macrumors newbie

**Side note to previous suggestion.**

If you are using an addon such as Iconoclasm, turning it off will rearrange your icons after respringing. Do don't attempt to manually rearrange them. Just go back into SBSettings (if that addon is not the culprit of course), turn it back on, and after respringing, your icons should go back to their normal set positions.

15. fjd726 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried sb settings by turning off substrate add ons one by one. Nothing worked. Turning winterboard off is only way labels return. Didn't have the issue until new WB update.

16. mandrep714 macrumors newbie

There is a Cydia app called No Icon Label for IOS5. Make sure it's not installed because it will automatically turn off your labels. It doesn't show up in Winterboard.