winterboard updated

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by d900man, Aug 11, 2008.

1. d900man macrumors regular

d900man

winterbard has been updated in cydia and is starting to get impressive.

New features include:

Able to organize ur themes
    Have NO icon labels
    User wallpapers
    Have black navigation menus

Enjoy all I am

Ps can somebody let me know what user wallpaper does!!!

2. Corn Chips macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up, I really dig the update =)

3. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

Warning!!!

DO NOT UPDATE!!!! I REPEAT!
    DO NOT UPDATE!!!

After it completed, I got a message saying Reload SpringBoard, so I click and my phone is stucked at that screen :(

I can't turn it off, so I'm hoping once the battery dies out, it will return :(

4. vexatia macrumors regular

Is there a good winterboard faq for installation. I d/l'ed WB yesterday and 'installed' some skins through Cydia. I reopened WB and selected the Time of Day theme and exited WB. The phone resprung, but nothing changed.

5. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

ITS ONLY YOU, IT WORKS FINE FOR ME..you get that

6. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

Did you reboot your iPhone after installing winterboard? if not just uninstall and reinstall and reboot and add your themes.

7. vexatia macrumors regular

I did reboot, though not immediately after installing WB. Does the reboot have to occur immediately after installation? Also, does the current version of WB not require that I SSH into my phone in order to make it work?

8. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

Yes you have to reboot immediately after installation. No it does not require any ssh'ing.

9. vexatia macrumors regular

10. vexatia macrumors regular

hmmm...that didn't work...I 'removed' WB, rebooted my phone through Boss Preferences, then opened Cydia, installed WB, resprung (automatically happens at the end of WB installation), rebooted through boss preferences, opened Cydia, installed Time of Day, opened WB, selected Time of Day (at which point in noticed that another theme, Chromium, that I had previously downloaded, still showed in WB, as a theme option), resprung and...no difference

11. ninjapenguinart macrumors regular

I had the same problem, all I did was held down the power and home button for 10 seconds to do a hard shutdown, and then rebooted the iPhone and everything was running fine afterwards.

12. trunkster macrumors member

hmm I'm having the same problem where applying a theme does nothing. I just jailbroke my iphone last night so I don't know if previous versions were working on my phone.

13. iblastoff macrumors 6502

14. vexatia macrumors regular

I read about the 'nothing happens' problem on another forum, as well. Has anyone that did not have WB running prior to 2.0.1 successfully installed a theme on a jailbroken 2.0.1 using WB?

15. bushido Suspended

bushido

WB works just fine on my jb 2.0.1. iPhone 3G as well

16. iblastoff macrumors 6502

i had wb before 2.0.1 but i had to wipe and restore anew when going to 2.0.1 anyway.

i've installed 3 themes so far on jailbroken 2.0.1. all work as far as i can tell.

17. vexatia macrumors regular

hmmm....so you start up WB, click on the theme you want, and hit the home button? Once the phone resprings, your new theme page appears?

18. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I'm still not opening cydia ever again, I am tired of having it freeze every single time I open it:mad:

19. Skunky macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem with the themes not showing up. I have installed/uninstalled twice both times powering off after install where it asked to restart springboard.

Each time I opened winterboard on power up and selected a theme but nothing happens...

20. trunkster macrumors member

There is a problem with the new update, the plist file is not placed in the correct directory.

Here's what to do:
    1. Copy the info.plist from the Winterboard.app to your computer
    2. Rename it to com.saurik.WinterBoard.plist
    3. Copy the renamed file to your iPhone folder /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences

Winterboard now works perfectly. I'm sure this will be fix through an update later today. I believe this problem only occurs with fresh installs of Winterboard and that's why only some people are having problems.

edit:
    Or just create a new text file named com.saurik.WinterBoard.plist and copy it into /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences

com.saurik.WinterBoard.plist should contain:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>

21. vexatia macrumors regular

Woot!

Thanks, Trunkster. That worked (though the first time, the .plist extension duplicated itself, causing a malfunction).

Yay :D

22. Skunky macrumors newbie

Hey thanks Trunkster, that worked perfectly.

Now when the update DOES come out do I need to delete this plist or should I just uninstall it all together before the update?

23. d900man thread starter macrumors regular

d900man

has anybody found out what user wallpaper does??

24. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

uses your own wallpaper

25. d900man thread starter macrumors regular

d900man

in what way does it use ur own wallpaper on the lock screen or on springboard?