Winterboard won't work with SMS icon?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by helios410, Jun 20, 2009.

1. helios410 macrumors newbie

So I have my OS 3.0 Jailbroken, with winterboard installed. The icon themes work, except for the SMS icon. I have changed the .png to every name possible that I could think of, but no luck.

So, what do I have to name the Text/SMS .png in order for winterboard to recognize it?

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

That's because the app name has changed from SMS to Messages (or whatever it is) and all the current Winterboard themes haven't been adapted to that, so you'll need to find the app name via SSH, then change the .png file to the name of the Messages app.

I don't know the name of it myself, but if you look around you'll find it. I forgot where it usually hides though :p Perhaps someone else knows?

3. helios410 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I found it in my theme, and changed the name. It works!

4. Killquake macrumors member

Could you explain how you did this? I've been searching on the SSH thingy for a while and have yet to find anywhere with any of the themes in it :(

EDIT: Nevermind, found it, works. Thanks guys

5. evrock3600 macrumors newbie

Can you tell me what folders you accessed through SSH and what you changed the file name to in order to get the messages app to be recognized. I have never changed anything with SSH so specifics would be greatly appreciated! thanks

6. rspy macrumors member

In SSH client browse to var/stash/Themes.*****/Name of your theme/Icons/
    Find the icon named SMS.png and rename it to Messages.png

7. evrock3600 macrumors newbie

awesome! thanks alot, the SMS app was called Text.png and I changed it to Messages.png, re-sprung the springboard it it worked perfectly. Thanks again

8. rspy macrumors member

9. inzersg macrumors newbie

ok i have no idea how to do any of this..ive never used ssh, and i just got my iphone jailbroken. im having the same problem with the SMS themes not working..ive read this forum and still cannot figure out how to change it to messages.png. i have a mobile terminal on my iphone so i typed in that file that u posted but mine is saying "no such file or directory" PLEASE HELP!!! :(