Wintertime Genius Bar - No reservations?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macTW, Dec 16, 2016.

1. macTW macrumors 65816

Hi all,

My macbook has had a myriad of issues the geniuses tried to fix but couldn't, and then began to refuse to fix as one store. I had the GPU issues, got the replacement part, which was faulty, and the replacement replacement is also faulty, but the genius denies it despite physical evidence it is (freezing on opening clamshell, waking from sleep, etc. - the indicators it was dying the first and second time it broke, they came before the blue bars on bootup).

My main point - when I try to book a genius bar appointment, every Apple store near me has no available openings. Is this a holiday thing, or is this just a one-in-a-million, every slot for the next few weeks at every Apple store (five of them) is booked?

Attached Files:

2. devrules81 macrumors member

If you go to a store 15 minutes before they open, it's first come first serve and they'll see you first thing. It's what I usually do when I can't land an appointment.

3. macTW thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, that's good to know. Now, when I check, a few openings 30 minutes away are appearing, so I wonder if it actually was just booked up. I'll try that.

4. comptr macrumors 65816

They also have Walk-in Appointments too, just go a hour after they open and they can set you up with a walk in appointment for the same day, but you will have to wait for a half hour or longer.