WinTV-HVR 950 tuner problem...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kumpooterjooser, Jul 9, 2008.

1. kumpooterjooser macrumors newbie

I recently bought WinTV-HVR 950 tuner for my MacBook and Thinkpad.

On my MB I am running into the problem of EyeTV Lite application. When I click on the application to launch, it appears momentarily on the dock and then disappears. Any idea if I can look at some logs to figure what the issue is...?? I installed EyeTV Lite from the disc that came with the tuner.

I have already tried reinstalling the app, restarted my MB...:confused:
    Mac OS X 10.4.11

Thanks guys :)

2. kumpooterjooser thread starter macrumors newbie

3. donb123 macrumors newbie

I am by no means an expert on OS X - in fact I only got my first Mac (G4) on eBay in the last several weeks.

It sounds to me like the EyeTV App is crashing on startup. What I would do initially is launch the console and then launch EyeTV. At the very least you should at least get confirmation of said application crash and you may even get a message descriptive enough to help you solve the issue.

4. kumpooterjooser thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks donb...

I actually got it resolved. Logging into a different account I was able to run EyeTV successfully. I then logged back into my original account and lo behold EyeTV works...:eek:

5. donb123 macrumors newbie

No problem - I'm glad you got it working.

Incidentally I tried my HVR-950 on my G4 with EyeTV as well and it works great for about 2 minutes and then crashes. The activity monitor shows the CPU is saturated so I just don't have enough processing power. I think I may just have to get myself a Core 2 Mac Mini one of these days soon.