WinXp 64Bit Sp2 on Mac Pro with Leopard Bootcamp ?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Inlakech, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Inlakech macrumors newbie

As many here, I'm waiting for Apple to announce new Mac Pros on November 14th.
    I am planning to do alot of CGI, so a 64Bit operating system that can adress more memory suits me best. Steve told us that Leopards integrated Bootcamp 2.0 doesn't support 64Bit Windows by itself.

Is a workaround already available for old mac pros + Leopard Bootcamp and do you think it will be instantly possible to install winxp 64 sp2 on the upcoming mac pros when searching some drivers ?

I hope I'm not the only one looking for a fast solution of this issue. ;)

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Just use the old method of adding the drivers directly to the CD using nLite. You will need a Windows computer already up and running to do this.

3. cokersa macrumors member

I've been running Vista 64-bit natively (without bootcamp) for more than six months on my Mac Pro. There are some drivers you might want that aren't available (I had to put away my bluetooth keyboard/mouse), but I haven't had any issues other than that. I believe the video and sound card drivers are available and supported for XP SP2 64 bit (get them from the appropriate manufacturer, not Apple) in addition to Vista 64 bit.

Of course, if new Mac Pros come out next week, who knows what hardware changes would require new 64 bit drivers that might not be available.