Wiped content, now cant connect

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by scb222, Jan 28, 2011.

1. scb222 macrumors newbie

i wiped the content on my phone to go back to factory settings and now it isnt being recognised by itunes. i have put my sim in it, but that too isnt being found. there is a little padlock symbol on the screen above the connect to itunes picture/logo, i am wondering if perhaps i should have taken my 3g phone off of password control before wiping. could this be the reason? and if so, what can i do about it now? please someone, i really need your advice.

thanks susan.:(

2. scb222 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. scb222 thread starter macrumors newbie

hardware issue

now getting msg that 1611 (a hardware issue) is preventing the system restore. omg, what can be done?

4. scb222 thread starter macrumors newbie

no restore :(

i cant go any further. from recovery mode it prompts me to restore, but stops halfway through saying error 1611. please give soem advice guys, ive tried hard myself to fix this.

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I realize that this is a little late, and believe me, I feel your pain:(, but if you used the restore settings feature in the phone, to "wipe" your phone, that has been known to cause exactly the symptoms that you describe. The safest way to "wipe" an iPhone is do a "restore as new" in iTunes.
    I don't think that this will help, but at this point, it sure cant hurt.
    This link describes a forced restore, but if DFU mode didn't do it.....

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

6. scb222 thread starter macrumors newbie

no luck

thanks james, i had already looked at that page and have tried it. it didnt work. how can apple have an erase function on the phone under general settings that if you use it it ruins your phone? i mean that is outrageous! that function should only be accessible through itunes if that is the result. i cant believe it, my phone is now trash. is there really nothing else that can be done?

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Was your phone jb? Apple reset adversely affects jb phones.
    Which iOS are you trying to restore to? 4.2.1 or something earlier? If it's something earlier, you need the SHSH blobs to downgrade.
    Since your phone is wiped, you can take it to Apple to get it fixed--assuming it's a hardware issue.

8. scb222 thread starter macrumors newbie

no luck

my phone was unlocked from the beginning, ive used it all over the world with many different sims, so it's not a jb prob. no im trying to restore to the latest one, i mean whatever itunes is offering - my prob is getting software back onto the phone. cant take it to an apple store, no apples here. thanks anyway.