Wiped Harddrive on MBP 2011 now Stuck!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by qasimodo, Jul 27, 2012.

1. qasimodo macrumors newbie

Hi

I am a novice when it comes to issues like this and for some reason i decided to wipe the hard drive on my MBP for no apparent reason!! :mad:

Couple of issues to bear in mind before we start
    1) The OS Lion that i had installed was a copy version
    2) I dont have the actual install Snow Leopard disk from my MBP, i do have a 10.6.3 from my iMac

I have totally wiped and now when i go to the Utilites page from bootup it is giving me following options

1) Install OSX Lion - when i click this option it is asking me to enter my Apple ID and then that fails so it does not allow me to go any further (I now can't go back and purchase OSX Lion as Mountain Lion has been launched (which i have bought for iMac)
    2) Disk Utility - This is where i need some help as obviously whatever i am doing is no good. I have spent the last four hours trying to sort and now horribly stuck and massively peeved at myself for attempting to wipe in the first instance!!!

If i try and reboot from the startup disk i get 3 beeps and then nothing happens...

Hoping somebody can help me out, i will be massively grateful!

2. xdunlapx macrumors newbie

Sounds like it's time to take it to the Apple store and ask them to fix it. OR get on your imac, watch a video on youtube on how to download (after purchasing it) Lion or Mountain Lion, put the file on to your usb drive (you have one right?) or burn a copy on a DVD. then pop the baby into your macbook and reboot, go into the settings where you can put on lion/ML like you were trying to do. enter your info, and go from there. if that doesn't work - take it to Apple.