Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marlman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Like a lot of people here I am upgrading my iPhone 6 to get the new one and I am selling it privately. Just wondered if there are any guides or tips to make sure I wipe it clean before selling.

I will sign out of iTunes etc but I am more concerned about Apple Pay do I have to unregister my card and then register it again or does it remember?

I will be restoring from my iCloud backup.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I would also do an backup on iTunes if you are going to be getting I'd of your phone. Not that I do not trust the cloud but a full backs on iTunes makes a very quick restore to your new phone. Do not forget if using the health data you need to do an encrypted backup.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Is there anything other than turn off iMessage and disable find my iPhone to worry about? Obviously erase the phone too.

What about the watch? Do I need to do anything else for that?

Simply unpair the watch (which makes a last second backup of it in your iPhone's backup) before you back up the phone and erase it. If you're backing up in iTunes, you might want to enable encrypted backup if you want to preserve your health/activity data.

Reactions: sparkie1984

PedCrossing

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
The Loop
I would recommend backing up using iTunes to be safe, remember to turn on backup encryption so your health data will also be backed up to iTunes. As for cleaning, microfiber cloth should be good. I would use Whoosh! on the screen and disinfectant spray on the body.

CVUSA

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Like a lot of people here I am upgrading my iPhone 6 to get the new one and I am selling it privately. Just wondered if there are any guides or tips to make sure I wipe it clean before selling.

I will sign out of iTunes etc but I am more concerned about Apple Pay do I have to unregister my card and then register it again or does it remember?

I will be restoring from my iCloud backup.
I used Wondershare SafeEraser !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.