Wiping Exchange Data from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GtlawIT, Mar 10, 2010.

1. GtlawIT macrumors newbie

My company has a new policy that requires the wiping of all PDA devices when a employee leaves the company. Does anyone know of a way to remove the Exchange account and wipe all the data from that account without completely wiping the iPhone?

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I thought that if you delete the exchange account in (settings > mail) that the information would go with it?

Wiping the entire phone seems a bit much. Is it your phone or the company's?

3. GtlawIT thread starter macrumors newbie

These are phones that the employees own but have been configured to receive company emails.

But you maybe correct about delete the exchange account. I will need to test it first.

Thanks,

4. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Removing the Exchange account will remove all the data that it put in to the phone and sync'ed over the air

If you are wanting there are to be demarcation between corporate and personal data you should look at some third party solutions like Good Technologies that provide that separation as well as a way to remove only the corporate data by performing a remote wipe