Wiping iphone back to factory settings!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Grazer82, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Grazer82 macrumors newbie

I was trying to update my iphone 3 to the version 4 update through itunes and somehow it has wiped all contacts,emails,pictures etc basically put the phone back to factory settings?!
    This was on my mothers' iphone,i did the update on my own iphone about 2 months ago and it ran smoothly!
    I am wondering if there is any way all or any of the above things can be retrieved and put back on to the iphone through going into the Apple shop or if there is anyway i can retrieve them myself ??!!

2. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

3. Grazer82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wiping iphone back to factory settings!!

No,unfortunately!
    She never had an itunes account so i had to create one then proceed with the update which ultimately reset the phone to factory settings!!
    I dont know what has gone wrong between when i updated my own one and doing my mothers last night but something has gone seriously wrong.
    I tried to back it up using the option on itunes which was unsuccessful?!
    I am desperate to resolve the problem,if possible,as there is a lot of work and personnel details held on her phone that she really needs,absolute nightmare!!

4. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

If there's no backup I'm sorry, no guaranteed way.

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If the phone had never been synced with iTunes, that is your problem. When you plug a phone into iTunes for the first time, iTunes assumes it is a new phone, and will ask if you want to set it up as a new phone or restore from a previous backup. If there was no previous backup....Well, you get the picture.
    Sorry, but that is just how it works.

6. scb222 macrumors newbie

erased all content & now cant connect to itunes :(

i recently came back from overseas with a lot of junk on my phone (3G) and decided i would erase all content, BIG mistake! now my phone ISNT being recognised by my itunes account and i cant install the backup i had saved before i went away. can someone help?

i put in my sim which is not being recognised and all my phone can show is the "connect to itunes picture". im so sad :(

please help.
    thanks susan.