Wiping iPhone Data

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SeaDour, May 20, 2008.

1. SeaDour macrumors newbie

Hey gang--

I sold my 4-gig iPhone last weekend. The final bid price was $415. Don't ask me why these things are going for more than a new, higher-capacity version...I just took advantage of the market when I saw it.

I'm getting ready to ship it, but I'm wondering if hitting "restore" in iTunes without syncing really wipes it to a factory state. I noticed that (after syncing the most recent backup on it) when I reinstalled apps like MobileScrobbler, it already had my preferences and username/password. Did these come from the backup copy or does "restore" just not wipe all my phone's library files? What should I do to make sure my buyer doesn't get my phone and install an app with all my information loaded into it?

Thanks for your help!!

2. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

There were a few thread floating around about this early but I don't think its possible to totally erase everything. Like a regular comp hard drive, the data is still there until it is overwritten by something else (more data)

EDIT:
    yeah, thats one of them