Wire or Wireless Apple Keyboard and Mouse??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by netmata, Apr 21, 2009.

1. netmata macrumors member

Guys i have been reading all the post regarding the bluetooth issues with the wireless keyboard and mouse. Now base on that, is it worthy getting the wireless KB and MM from apple, or should i get wire KB and MM? Thanks

2. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

if you don't use the number pad, the wireless keyboard is great. The mighty mouse, is well, the mighty mouse. They are fine when they work, but getting it to work regularly is at times special.

3. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Just got my Mac Pro Nehalem yesterday with the wireless keyboard (I already had a Logitec bluetooth mouse) and they are working great. How many PC's in the world would work with bluetooth hardware at the beginning of the boot up process? It's so beautiful having no wires on my desk. I recommend going for it.

4. AL2TEACH macrumors 6502

I use the wired version because I don't use the keyboard or mouse at far away distances and the BT ones are somewhat heavier because of the batteries.

5. AL2TEACH macrumors 6502

since I don't use either at far away distances, I use the wired version. but the idea of no wires is kinda nice. are the batteries rechargeable?

6. tdevers macrumors regular

I prefer a wired keyboard and wireless mouse. Seems to be a good setup.

7. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

They use AA's, so yes, you can use your own rechargeables. I bought a charger with 4 batteries for $9 at Fry's a while back and use those.

8. AL2TEACH macrumors 6502

mmm, eventhough it's heavier, it does look nice. a buddy has the wireless version. might look into myself now. thanks

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Wireless is nice but I cant get used to it lol. I love my dinovo edge too much :)

ALthough it sucks terribly not having a number pad : /

10. saracen macrumors member

Went for the wired keyboard with number pad and wireless mouse. Like the extra USBs in the keyboard which I use nearly every day.

11. netmata thread starter macrumors member

I am worry about the bluetooth issue and not the way it looks. I do want to get the wireless set but i don't want to experience headache with the bluetooth issues some iMacs are having.

12. erasr macrumors 6502

Blar blar the bluetooth issues are over the top imo!

I have a new iMac with wireless setup and yes it has lost connection twice I think now, but it's no big deal, I almost expect that and it takes 2 seconds to reconnect it and it's forgotten. Just worth it to have no wires!

It's no more annoying that sometimes having to find a strong signal on a mobile phone, it's just a normal thing I feel. Except, most users I reckon have no issues, I havn't had any big BT issues and my bro who has an imac has had none at all.

The only headache was setting it up on XP at the start, took a while but I was doing the right thing, then suddenly it worked, odd.

13. mpr131 macrumors member

Like saracen, I have the wired keyboard and am using the wireless mouse. Even though the fact of having no wires is nice...the wireless mouse is a bit quirky with the "right click." There seems to be a sweet spot that I haven't mastered.

I would have picked up the wireless keyboard but I need my numbered keypad.

As for BT issues...I've been using it on the new 2009 mini for about 7 days and it had a pairing problem once. Seemed to resolve itself with a restart.

14. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I've always enjoyed having the two extra USB ports on the keyboard, so I've never gone wireless. It does make the set up nicer, but I prefer the convenience of the additional ports.