Wire Removal in Apple Motion 3?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by FSMBP, Jul 23, 2009.

1. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I did a forum search and found one post about this but it didn't answer my question.

Is there anyway to do a sort of "Wire removal" (aka Clone, repair, retouching) in Motion 3?

I'd appreciate anyone's response, thanks!

EDIT: I searched Google intensely for an hour and found it can't be done in Motion. I guess I'll just go back in Photoshop.

2. eleven2brett macrumors regular

Really? That's kinda pathetic. I'm not at all familiar with Motion, but a really really really corny/cheap way to get this done would be to duplicate your video layer, crop it down to a parallel strip next to your wires, then drag that layer over to cover them up. Add some feathering to blend, and whalla a really crappy wire removal.

3. AVR2 macrumors 6502

Hardly. Motion is intended for motion graphics design, not for movie-style effects work. If you want to do wire removal on a Mac, you move up to Shake, which has a comprehensive set of wire removal tools.

4. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I just think it would great if Final Cut Studio had "Shake" integrated into the suite. At school, we have FCS 2 but no Shake.

I hope that the next Shake, "Phenomenon" will be in the suite (and maybe replace Motion).

5. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

Shake is dead. Phenomenon is dead. All the people who worked on the project are with The Foundry with Nuke.