Wired app and backups

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by eroxx, May 25, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

Is anyone else finding that Wired issues cause backups to be interminably slow? I'm going on 6+ hours now.

Is there a way to skip the backup? I already posted a review for the Wired app regarding this problem ... so frustrating!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I know the Wired Issues tend to be quite large, how often do you back-up your iPad?

If you back-up frequently, but the slow back-up is only after you've downloaded a new Issue(s) then I would say that is considered normal, but not 6hrs.

if you want to cancel the back-up process, then just press the X to the right.

[​IMG]

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I back up about once every 2 days. It is definitely the wired app that is causing this.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I believe that the Wired app lets you re-downloaded issues already paid for, so my suggestion would be to delete the Wired app from your iPad and try to back-up you iPad again, if it continues to be slow then you might have another issue.

If the problem goes away then you can say for sure that it was the Wired app. At this point just re-download a new copy of the Wired app and its Issues one at a time, back-up in between and see if the problem continues.