Wired apple keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rd261, Mar 7, 2010.

1. rd261 macrumors regular

I recently got the wired aluminum apple keyboard but have been having issues since the first day. The problem is that my black macbook (early 2008) from time to time registers that keys get stuck in the keyboard. For example some times I press the volume up key and the computer keeps raising the volume even after I stop pressing the key. It also happens with other keys such as the cmd and f5 keys. I have tried looking online for answers but so far I haven't been able to find a solution. Is the keyboard covered by apple's 1 year warranty and would I be able to take it to the apple store even though I got it from Best Buy? Thanks in advance. :confused::confused:

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

I'm unsure what you could do to solve the issue, but any Apple peripheral used with an Apple computer is covered by that computer's AppleCare. It could also be covered by the computer's 1 year warranty if you haven't purchased the extended AppleCare, but I'm not 100% positive about that. Either way, make a Genius Bar appointment and take your MB and keyboard with you and explain your situation. If you can recreate the issue easily, that would be even better as they'd see for themselves what is happening. Best of luck!