Wired Keyboard USB cable...Apple seriously?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ZZ Bottom, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Just bought a replacement keyboard, one of the current generation wired keyboards with number pad. Opened the box to find a nice USB extension cable, which I won't need for the keyboard but could come in handy for flash drives on my Mac mini...

WAIT, WTF, why is there a bent prong sticking up preventing me from using the cable with ANY OTHER device besides the USB keyboard. Apple, you guys are really pricks sometimes. What an intentional waste of a perfectly good cable.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

They've had this bump for a long time. I've been caught by it as well. I just smash it out and use it as I please.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's a $5 cable, so what's the big deal? Just buy one that suits your needs.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it is a waste though, by really only making it work with one thing rather than any USB devices. not very environmentally friendly and incredibly stupid on Apple's part.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're right. They shouldn't have included it at all and charged extra for those who want it.

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

The cable works with any USB plug. You just need to know how to plug things in. Put the male end in first at an angle underneath the little notch and then push the rest in straightening it out. It will be tight but it won't hurt anything.