Wired mighty mouce, how i hate thee

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ekwipt, Dec 2, 2008.

1. ekwipt macrumors 6502a

Love my new Logitech MX400 right click goodness...

Only con so far is the loud click when clicking either left or RIGHT click

but I can put up with it for right clickiness...

also bought a Seagate 7200.11 1tb to replace my Samsung F1, if any one cares

2. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the Mighty Mouse can right click its just its disabled by default and you have to lift your left finger as the shell is heat sensitive. im used to it now and i like mine.

now a mouse for gaming is a different story as sometimes you will hit left and right at the same time which is impossible with the Mighty Mouse. i know im ditching it when i build my own computer… but for now its fine.

4. grue macrumors 65816

Mighty mouse sucks harder than a sorority girl on a Saturday night. It has no redeeming qualities.

5. Horst Guest

Apple mice , well ,... it's the one thing they got utterly wrong, and are not likely to fix ever.
    People there seem to think a trackpad is a good thing, and the closer a mouse gets the better.

6. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

I just called Applecare to get my Mighty mouse replaced cuz the scroller stopped working. I'm getting the new MXAir.

7. madboom macrumors newbie

Must agree, Apple mice are useless in most situations.

8. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Mighty mouse works fine if you know how to clean it.

9. iamcheerful macrumors 6502

iamcheerful

suggestions or a compass in the right direction would help. tia.

10. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Google it. Or search the MacRumers site.

11. iamcheerful macrumors 6502

iamcheerful

first thing first, i didn't mean to be rude or sarcastic then and not now.

i could easily google, but do note that the comment --- "Mighty mouse works fine if you know how to clean it." --- implied that one has to know how to clean it properly. i'm assuming the poster has a rather good article or information which he/she may have wanted to share.

googling provides a good deal of info, but not all are excellent and as new users ... i think you follow my point.

12. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Seriously?

13. ascender macrumors 68020

While I'd like an extra couple of buttons, I've actually come to love my wireless might mouse. I can't get on with the wired version as its so light, but the batteries in the wireless version give it a nice weighted feel.

14. grue macrumors 65816

In my opinion, sure. The scrollball is a joke, the lack of truly independent buttons impedes the ability to use right click and left click simultaneously, and the side buttons desperately need tactile feedback.

15. m1stake macrumors 68000

It's garbage. Everyone owes it to themselves to get a mouse that functions.

16. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Everything gets dirty...

At the first sign of the scroll ball acting up I take compressed air and spray in and around it. If all else fails you hold it upsidedown and roll it around on a clean piece of paper till the gunk comes out.

17. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I hate the mighty mouse. And now the ball thingy doesn't work and I can't figure out how to clean it properly. :(

18. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Press a piece of paper against it and roll the ball, it should clean it out. If it's under warranty, the Genius Bar will do something like that for you.

19. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Well, I'll be the odd one out. I love the Apple Mighty Mouse. Tried everything else out there, Logitech, MS, Kensington, everything since I started back with Macs with a 233mhz G3....

We have 4 mighty mice currently working in our home/business (3 wired, one BT that I use on my MBP), and only the wireless one acts up, probably because I use it almost constantly (daily) for business.

I've found that using an alcohol pad works wonders on keeping the roller ball clean. Just make sure the pad is well squeezed before starting, so it's only moist and not 'dripping' wet. Been doing this every time it acts up (maybe once every two weeks or so) for almost two years now.....

Compressed air suggestion also works, but I've had better luck with the alcohol pads.

20. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

The Mighty Mouse is undoubtedly, in my opinion, the most gawd-awful craptastic hardware in Apple's current lineup. What a non-functioning poorly designed piece of useless garbage.

I got an MX Revolution back in the days when I could afford a $79 mouse, before western civilization began to collapse. Glad I did because the Mighty Mouse is the worst mouse I've ever encountered in my life.

21. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Apart from the centre button dying on my old wireless MM, and the occasional cleaning operation, I've had nothing my joy from mine, well, as much joy as a mouse can give you :rolleyes:

I like the MM, I think they're poorly designed, but they're good.

22. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

I hate my wireless one... bought it october 07' dies on me (scrolling at least) december 08'. As other people here, I'll recommend Logitech's MX revolution, Im personally getting the VX Nano just cause I like the simplicity but yeah, im there with ya' 'mighty' mouse sucks.

Victor

23. iamcheerful macrumors 6502

iamcheerful

Thank you, JesterJJZ.

24. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

How is the mighty mouse ergonomically sound? I am right handed so I have press down with my middle finger while raising my index finger off the mouse. Maybe my movements are exaggerated, but every time I am thinking of getting a mighty mouse (wireless) when I am at the local Apple Store, I play with one and think Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Note to Kensington:
    Why oh why have you abandoned your old designs? You now make mice that are too flat or too short while the $19 wired optical of yours' is the best/last I'll buy from you.

25. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

You don't have to lift any fingers with either a left click or a right click.

It can sense which side your clicking.

Have you ever used one? :confused:

The thing that sucks about them is the scroll ball always gets jammed.