Wired Mouse Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dark Void, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Hi MacRumors,

In order to keep a long story short - I'm no longer into using a wireless mouse. I have to deal with receivers/dongles, software, batteries and/or charging it all of the time. I'm currently experiencing cursor lag and I'm looking for alternatives at this point, and feel like a quality wired mouse would solve all of my issues.

Therefore, would anyone happen to have a recommendation for a wired mouse? I don't need a long cable, maybe 2ft and wouldn't be opposed to a longer one. I don't need anything with side buttons but wouldn't mind them, and I don't need any other features beyond standard vertical scrolling. I just want something solid and reliable, perhaps you could recommend something that you use, because as you can see my preferences aren't that needy.

The only thing I would really prefer is plug and play. I don't want to deal with software to get the full functionality of the mouse.

Thanks to anyone who leaves a recommendation.

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I'm sure nobody else will agree, but I think the Logitech Performance mouse MX is the best mouse period.

yes it is a wireless mouse, but like my "wireless keyboard" I just keep them plugged in all the time.

3. Dark Void thread starter macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Thanks very much for your suggestion but Logitech is precisely what I am coming from. I just recently (this morning) removed it from my setup because I reached the limit with it. I suspect that the MX/MX Master use the unifying receiver as well?

It's too much to troubleshoot in my opinion. I had the software, the control panel, the receiver, the batteries (coming from a M510) and the switch. If there was an issue, I had to go through a list of things to try to remedy it, and it's just too much of a hassle. Replace the batteries, toggle the switch, test the receiver, reinstall the software, etc etc. It was nice while it lasted but it proved to just be too much of a hassle. I'd rather just have a wire going across my desk.

I plugged in an older gaming mouse that I planned on selling, and my cursor lag has disappeared. I may end up just using this (Razer Deathadder 2013) permanently, but would still like to hear any and all suggestions.

Thanks again.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I use the M500 at my desk, it is very much like a "corded" mouse mx. and its super cheap.

not sure if you are looking to spend a lot of money or not?

btw I only use Logitech gear so maybe I am not a good person to ask if you are swearing off Logi

5. Dark Void thread starter macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Not swearing off Logitech, but definitely don't want anything that uses software or receivers. I just want something wired and plug and play.

I can justify $40-$50 for a nice, new quality mouse. I'm right handed and don't need much in the way of extra buttons or settings.

6. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I would look at the M500 then

7. jcgr96 macrumors newbie

The MX Master has bluetooth too and its easy to connect and stable, battery is long enough too

8. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

For the past decade I have been using solely Razer mice. (From those times when I was a hardcore gamer).
    I tried numerous mice, but none was close - for me - to Razer.
    Here you can have a look at their products (at the bottom there is a mouse selector): http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice.

9. Dark Void thread starter macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Thanks much for the suggestion.

I respect that, but I really just want to stay away from wireless - too many issues in my experience.

I'm currently using a Deathadder 2013. I dug it out shortly after creating this thread. I also own a Naga 2012 but that is somewhat overkill. I planned on selling the DA but it is a wonderful right-handed mouse.

I think this may end up being what I stick with unless someone comes through with a stellar suggestion. I'll be looking at the Logitech M500 and I am doing my own searching as well of course. I'm just so glad to be rid of the receiver - what a terrible experience.

10. arholmes22 macrumors newbie

I highly recommend the the mouse that I am currently using. You can pick up this mouse at Walmart and it will only cost you 9.87. The logitech M100. I was using all kinds of wireless and bluetooth mice and was wanting something with better tracking and to my surprise this mouse is fantastic for the price.

11. Dark Void thread starter macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

12. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Im using Razer Diamondback 3G mouse with my 2012 rMBP....

13. Dark Void thread starter macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Perhaps I should just stick to the Deathadder. It almost feels overkill, especially since I am not using Synapse (probably should) but since I have it already I don't see the sense in downgrading, even if I come out a small bit ahead in funds by selling it like I originally had it stored away for.