Wired or wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mr.Bullitt, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Mr.Bullitt macrumors regular

Hi guys!

Along with a first mac mouse, I am also looking to buy a keyboard for my MBP for use at home when connected to the 24" screen.

The big question is however, the small wireless or the fullsized wired apple keyboard???

Are therer any issues with the bluetooth connection? Like, does the MPB need to have booted completely before it is "active" or will it be active from the boot chime? (this could be usefull when needing to boot into bootcamp )

Cheers!

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

I have the wired keyboard without the numeric keypad and I like how small it is.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I used to have a lot of problems with my MacBook Pro and old white bluetooth keyboard, however the iMac and the new aluminum one seem to have no problem. With that being said, I adore my Logitech diNovo Edge.

4. JGruber macrumors 6502

I have the wireless keyboard without the num pad, and love it. It's small and looks nice next to my other aluminum gear.

5. Mr.Bullitt thread starter macrumors regular

can you still get these keyboard overlay thingies for adobe lightroom, photoshop etc for this small wireless keyboard???

:confused:

6. JGruber macrumors 6502

Couldn't tell ya, I've never used them.

7. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I actually have both the wired and wireless apple aluminum keyboard.

When I first saw the apple keyboard I thought it looked a little ridiculous. I then typed on it and fell love. It is by far the BEST keyboard I've ever used. :D

Besides the lack of a wire, the wired keyboard includes two USB ports. I'll be honest the lack of number pad bugged me at first, but I quickly got use to it.

I've used the apple bt keyboard with a PC, a MBP and my Mini with 0 issues. I'm currently using it with my Mini and it wakes the no problems.

I would definately recommend it.