Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsunusi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I bought a 15" MBP C2D in January, and since then have been enjoying the ride and customizing it with all those must-have apps ( Quicksilver- incredible!)=

I did notice a good samatiran fellowship thing in Mac-Forums, and was hoping ya'll could assist in setting up a wireless access point with my MBP so I can connect wirelessly instead of connecting via Ethernet as I do now =

I'll try being concise and include all the info to solve the problem -

I have a Linksys Wireless G ADSL Home Gateway ( WAG354G), and I did manage to get my Dell Inspiron connected wirelessly ( before I got my MBR) and still connects just fine - however, using Internet Connect and wat not on the MBR, I still dont know how to get it right -

I;m using a wireless Access Point, not a router, does anyone have experience in setting up a wireless connection using a wireless access point and MBP?

If any further information is needed, just let me know -- much appreciated any and all the help I can get --

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Whenever I connect to a new access point, I never need to use internet connect. it usuall finds the available SSIDs that are being broadcast, and I choose one to connect to.

A couple of things:

- Have you set your access point NOT to broadcast its SSID? Some access points can have this setting activated for added security.

- Have you locked your Access point so it will only autheticate certain MAC addresses?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Does the MBP connect work without the security?

PS you shouldn't use internet connect to connect to the internet (unless you are using a dial-up modem or GPRS), it should "just work".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.