Wireless ad-hoc jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bitdivision, Nov 17, 2007.

1. bitdivision macrumors newbie

Hey,

I do not have any wireless networks near me but I do have ethernet so I thought that in order to jailbreak my touch, I would set up an ad-hoc network on my laptop, set up a proxy and connect through to internet on my touch through my laptop. This works fine and I can browse anything on safari but I cannot jailbreak my ipod using the proxy, if I go to jailbreakme.com, setting the right user agent so that it lets me do it, safari just crashes then nothing happens...
    Is it using another port or something, is there anything I can do to get it working?

Thanks

2. mowlavie macrumors member

wait a minute, can u help me, i dont see that on the site, could u tell me how u did that, thnx?

3. hecks macrumors regular

Windows laptop? Have you tried enabling Internet Connection Sharing on your ethernet connection?

4. mowlavie macrumors member

ok , i cant do this, i have enabled network sharing from the "network connections" menue, please help!! thanks a bunch

5. mmfy macrumors regular

i did the same wireless adhov with my laptop and ipt...jailbreakme.com didn't work but planetbeing's jailbreak did so give it a try