Wireless adapter?? isshue. i think?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by buddaful, Dec 30, 2011.

1. buddaful macrumors newbie

i have a powermac g4 tower with no airportcard. picked up a airlink awll6075 adapter with mac capabilitys but, the software with it nor the drivers on the sight seem to allow it to work or register as a possible connection. and i have tryed setting up a firewire internet connection with a powermac laptop i have to no availcould anyone give me some advice? current osx is 10.5.6

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

http://www.airlink101.com/products/awll6075.php
    ^ This site says it only works with Intel Macs. Your Power Mac G4 is an PowerPC based Mac. Random fact, it uses a Realtek RTL8189SU chipset, I know with my Alfa USB wireless card, Alfa didn't offer Mac drivers, but Realtek offered them directly on their website (my Alfa card uses the RTL8187 chipset.

Try to find an Airport (also known as AirMac in China) on sale on eBay for cheap. Or try a TP-Link TL-WN321G USB wireless card, they're quite good and have Mac drivers (they use a Ralink RT73/RT25xx chipset.) Might require USB 2.0 though, so your Mac might need a USB 2.0 PCI card to work it.

Exactly what Power Mac model do you have anyway? And run software update, you've got 10.5.6, but you can update to 10.5.8 for free.