Wireless all-in-one printer can't scan

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mickbab, Jun 30, 2009.

1. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Hi folks,

I have a wireless HP C7280 printer, which is used for 2 iMacs, 2 MBPs, and a MB in our house.

It's been printing, scanning, faxing and copying fine up until now. It has now decided to stop scanning.

The scanning has always had to be controlled from the computer end, not at the printer, since it is wireless and is used by more than one computer. But now it gives me the message "Error. Sorry, scanner could not be initialized (Scanner not found).".

All the other functions still work - it will print, copy, and I'm assuming it faxes, it just won't scan.

We just added a unibody MacBook Pro to the house, but that wouldn't cause any problems would it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions.

2. lostime macrumors regular

my lexmark wireless printer will print wirelessly but has always needed to be plugged in with usb to scan.

try downloading osx drivers for all of your computers, or maybe firmware for the printer.

3. mickbab thread starter macrumors 65816

mickbab

Yeh if it was new I wouldve thought about plugging in and looking for drivers etc but it's strange because it's been working perfectly fine until now.