Wireless alternative to Airport

Legacy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2005
London
Hello everyone, just a quick question...does anyone know of a wireless router alternative to Airport which supports macintosh Ibooks?

Im in the UK using Telewest Broadband 1Mbit line (cable modem) and i wanted to extend my connection wirelessly for my upcoming iBook.

As a student I can get Airport Extreme for £78...being broke im looking for a much more cheaper alternative..i dont really need Airtunes..just wireless internet.

Thanks

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
linksys is also a dependable brand.... but any wireless b/g router should work just fine

iQuit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
DLINK is very known for being highly compatible with Mac, without signal failure and such. I recommend the DLINK DI-524 or the DLINK DI-624

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
iQuit said:
DLINK is very known for being highly compatible with Mac, without signal failure and such. I recommend the DLINK DI-524 or the DLINK DI-624
i second the dlink. they are pretty mac friendly, and are decent little routers. not always the longest lasting from what i've heard, but mine have lived wicked long so far.

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
I use an Actiontec one. It's so old, yet it has some really cool experimental features. Like USB and FireWire ports (yes, that's right. A router that allows your Mac to use one of the rubbishy BT DSL modems). A PCMCIA slot, for attaching certain supported cards. Ethereal built in. An ASCII Error option (that makes it display error messages over Telnet in ASCII art :D)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.