Wireless Aluminum Keyboard with "S" key issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by albeik, Aug 7, 2008.

1. albeik macrumors regular

albeik

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Wireless Keyboard (and mighty mouse) for my mac pro. The keyboard is excellent - the only issue I have with it is that the key "s" sometimes won't trigger until I press it couple of times. It doesn't matter if it was the first thing I press after a long wait. Typing a word like "Mississippi" may require pressing the "S" key 7-9 times to get all 4.

I tried the search -- only found results related to the "first" key press may not get triggered which was fixed by a firmware release.

Anyone experienced this issue before?

PS: My wired Might Mouse worked perfectly on my black desk. The wireless version does not work (mouse cursor won't even move) so I had to resort to getting a mouse pad. Are the lasers and tracking devices that different between the two?

Thanks for everyone's time.

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I have a wireless aluminum apple keyboard and it works great. I think you should take it back and ask for an exchange because that shouldn't be happening.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea, second that. Although all the Apple stuff I've purchased have no defects.

4. albeik thread starter macrumors regular

albeik

Thanks guys. I just got back from the Apple Store. In addition to upgrading to a 3G iPhone - the genius bar replaced my wireless keyboard and my iPhone headset (the left ear is loose).

Excellent experience. Everything took less than 20 minutes. :)

Thanks guys!