Wireless Aluminum Keyboard...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by billabong, Dec 28, 2007.

1. billabong macrumors 6502

I just got the new Wireless Aluminum Keyboard for christmas, and it really is amazing. It's so thin and small, it's only been a few days so far. But this has got to be one of the best keyboards out there, I've got it going with my MacPro. It just fits in so much better with the ACD and the tower. Good job Apple! Anyone else get one recently?..

2. IChing macrumors regular

I got one too for x-mas and like it a lot. It stores flat on the iMac stand with the keyboard turned around and makes it easy to carry my iMac to another room.

I did have a problem which I think was related, to a guest's bluetooth device where I got repeating keys especially gggggggggggggg or ddddd when typing. After the guest left I removed the batteries and then removed the device from the profile.

Then I couldn't get it to pair when you typed in the code for hours, until I pressed the return key and the on switch on the keyboard at the same time, it finally paired. No problems with it since.

3. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I got one last week, after discovering my original white wireless KB doesn't care for coffee. It's the second-best I've ever used (best is the MBP KB). It looks like a toy, but it performs extremely well. I don't miss the separate number pad, either.

4. esco macrumors 6502

esco

I don't miss the number pad either. I thought I would so I originally bought the wired version. After a couple of months I decided to try out the wireless version and I've decided to stick with it.

5. goldenlotus macrumors regular

Yep I've got one too. I love it. I'm a Pro Tools user and thought that some of the keyboard shortcuts would be hard without the number pad... but it's worked out fine. I still have the old pro keyboard connected though for the rare times I do need the number pad, it sits off to my right ontop of my midi controller. Pleasantly surprised that multiple QWERTY keyboards is no problem at all on a Mac Pro.

I love the new design, this is how keyboards should be done!

6. nicnic77 macrumors member

I have one myself. I love the springy feedback on the keys, unlike any other keyboard out there.

However.... mine has BIG problems with Bootcamp and the CAPS LOCK key.

Pressing CAPS = instant dead keyboard and/or endlessly repeating keystrokes.

It does revive itself eventually after a few minutes...

Especially annoying when gaming as I'll accidentally press it while playing COD4 and end up running backwards for 5 minutes unable to do anything else but shoot! Horrific bug, Apple - what are you thinking??

I haven't installed any other drivers other than the ones which come with BC, so perhaps it is user error?