Wireless and uSD issues with Macbook Pro 17

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by techno99, Nov 21, 2011.

1. techno99 macrumors newbie

I've got a new Macbook Pro 17 early 2011. Whenver I put it in Stand By (closing the cover) the wireless fails to connect once restarted. I can get is restarted by turning the wireless off and back on. Is this an issue with the wireless settings or is this normal.

A second issue I'm having is that I can't read a uSD card using a USB card reader. I've tried two different SD card readers, three different uSD to SD converters and three different uSD cards and none of them work.

2. techno99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well since I seem to have stumped everyone let me ask 2 simple questions:
    1) Has anyone had success reading a micro SD card using an SD to uSD card adapter to a USB SD card adapter in a Macbook Pro? (My 17 doesn't have an SD card slot so that is not an option.)
    2) Should the wifi reconnect after putting the computer in sleep mode. (Mine doesn't).

Thanks

3. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Wifi: It should but it appears to be a bug in lion. The MBA owners have complained about this and I have the issue myself on my MBA. When it comes out of sleep the computer does not reconnect to the wifi network automatically. However the dialog comes up for me to choose a network and then it connects, despite the fact that it's set to connect automatically. I don't need to turn my wireless off and on to able to reconnect.