Wireless apple keyboard, etc

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bluebird3, Aug 17, 2014.

1. bluebird3 macrumors regular

There seems to be two different models on the market, what are the difference?

MC184 LL/B $65

MC 184LL/A $85

Then there are after market but good? Quality one from $20.

Any recommendation?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

The keys were updated for Lion in the more expensive one.

I wouldn't trust aftermarkets. For something you'll have for maybe years and years, spend the money, it's worth it. Not saying that Logitech, and whoever makes them aren't any good (they're great), but don't settle for cheap hardware, you'll never be happy and will end up buying a few that will equal in price over the long run.

The biggest issues that come with those will be connectivity and responsiveness.

3. bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

I am seeing a lot of cheap ones for ipad/iOS/iPhone etc can those keyboard be used for rmbp? Kind of looking for an economical way to find a good keyboard but after all, I suppose I'd have to go with the big Apple..

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I know that the cost is a bit hard to swallow at first but when you consider how much wear and tear as well as use a keyboard must have it makes sense to open the wallet. I have an Aluminum Wireless Keyboard from 2011 with my PowerMac G5 and it still works fine with very little wear and tear. It has fantastic integration and if I cleaned it up nicely then I doubt you would be able to tell I have been using it for three years.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

If you have to, go lightly used, anything made after 2011 is fine. A lot of those iOS keyboards have the home button and other weird shortcuts, they're all different, so OS X has trouble matching up keys when you try and manually add it.

I actually tried it with my Belkin. :eek: