Wireless Apple Keyboard not being recognized correctly in Snow Leopard.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ProstheticHead, Nov 7, 2009.

1. ProstheticHead macrumors 6502

So I've concluded that the reason my wireless keyboard is not registering the correct keystrokes on my Macbook Pro is due to the fact that Snow Leopard sees it as the OLD white wireless keyboard instead of the new aluminum one. Is there any way to ensure that it sees the keyboard as the aluminum one rather than the white one every time I hook it up?

My main concern is that the function keys don't do the correct thing. I've tried remapping them (but can't control the volume ones) and have tried using the checkbox that requires a push of the fn key. Trouble is, since the white wireless keyboards don't have an fn key, it won't recognize it as such on my aluminum.

Any thoughts on how to make the computer see the keyboard correctly?

2. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Remove the keyboard from the Bluetooth section in System Preferences then go to the Keyboard section and click on the Setup Bluetooth Keyboard button to see if that will fix the issue.

You also might want to check Software Update to see if there's a firmware update you may have missed.

Hope that helps.

3. ProstheticHead thread starter macrumors 6502

Doing everything as suggested by those who replied to my posts and that which I googled did not fix the problem, HOWEVER, I did find a fix for anyone experiencing this problem.

INSTALL THE WIRELESS MOUSE SOFTWARE UPDATE.

For some bizarre reason that update fixes the recognition of the keyboard so that it all works perfectly.