Wireless Broadband w/MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacDann, Jun 1, 2008.

1. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

This is sort of off topic, but I wasn't sure where else I might ask....

I am looking at getting a wireless broadband plan with one of the wireless carriers (in the U.S.) such as Verizon, AT&T, etc.

I'm curious to know if anyone is currently using wireless broadband, and what their experiences have been as well as what they're paying and their carrier.

Right now I'm looking at Verizon, since they have the best coverage and my company will be moving over to them as a corporate customer in the fall.

TIA,

MacDann

2. akm3 macrumors 68020

A friend of mine got it.

It is fast. Seriously fast. Great coverage, always on fast internet. Pretty sweet and 'freeing'.

He used the Verizon service and had nothing but good things to say about it.

3. lAciDl macrumors member

4. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

50-60$ a month seems a bit steep for 5GB packages from V, and att, never priced it out before, but thats a little rough.

5. jonathandodson macrumors newbie

I have a Sprint - Novatel EX720 on my MBP and it works great and has no problems with boot camp and VMware Fusion. Other guys in my office have Verizon and haven't reported any problems.

Most of it will depend on your coverage area and what service you already have. Sprint along with just about everyone else just changed to 5GB max but I doubt I'll have a problem with that.

If you get one even though you can activate them on a Mac now (previously on Sprint you couldn't) I would connect them to a PC so you can get the latest Firmware and PRL updates.

I couldn't see myself without one now. Good luck.

6. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Don't have it on my MBP (since I just bought it), but we have it on our work laptops (PCs) using Sprint's ExpressCard and it is indeed quite speedy.