Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsmithp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
When I first set up this new macbook pro the printer installed perfectly and worked great. Today I hit 'print' and nothing. No printer installed. I'm not a computer guru so I don't know what to do when set up asks for 'machine' ip addresses. What machine...printer or laptop?? Right now I'm very frustrated because it worked great and now, poof, it doesn't. I tried using the install dvd to reinstall the printer after clicking customize it still looked like it wanted to reinstall the whole operating system. Wasn't clear to me at all so I ended that before really screwing things up.

Here's how I'm set up: 13" MacBookPro unibody aluminum, SnowLeopard OSX6, Airport Extreme wireless router, Brother MFC490CW Wireless printer with my wife's intel iMac also connected to the printer via lan cable. I would seriously appreciate some suggestions that I can understand to get this what should be a simple configuration to work and stay put. I suspect it's a simple process but at this point I'm clueless.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.