Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2011
I want to get a wireless charge stand for iPhone 8. The main use is to do FaceTime while charging the phone.

I like the Anker PowerWave stand (https://www.anker.com/products/vari...ging-stand-with-internal-cooling-fan/B2522122). But one potential issue I notice is that there is no cut out where the phone sits vertically on the stand. Would that block the speaker and microphone for video call?

The only one stand I have seen with the cut out is the the Logitech Powered (https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/powered-iphone-wireless-charging). But I don't like the cable. I want one that just uses a USB cable. Any suggestions on a good wireless charge stand that can be used for video call would be greatly appreciated.

mritech

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
It’s on amazon buy it and see. But also you’re not gonna benefit from the 7.5 fast charging Apple charges only at 5W only I know the Samsung’s charge at 7.5 and 10W. I just bought the anker one just like that for 25 bucks it comes with a usb cable but no AC adapter which was no problem cause I have a outlet with USB ports in it.

If you find the 20 model click the get newer model link and it will take you to the one I have. I’m using it for a week so far and I’m loving it

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2011
It’s on amazon buy it and see. But also you’re not gonna benefit from the 7.5 fast charging Apple charges only at 5W only I know the Samsung’s charge at 7.5 and 10W. I just bought the anker one just like that for 25 bucks it comes with a usb cable but no AC adapter which was no problem cause I have a outlet with USB ports in it.

If you find the 20 model click the get newer model link and it will take you to the one I have. I’m using it for a week so far and I’m loving it

Thanks for the input! One particular question: if you put the phone vertically one the charger, can you still FaceTime? Are the speaker grills blocked?

mritech

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
Never tried it. But if you use 2 small spacers (like pencil eraser size, cut a drinking straw that would be good cause it’s a tube) on the end to give it too you can build it up and it should still charge cause those have 2 charging coils.

Worst case scenario you can put the phone sideways it will still charge

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.